What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. It allows a website to remember things like your preferences or keeps your sessions open so you don’t have to login again.
Best Doctors uses the following cookies on the www.AskBestDoctors.com and www.bestdoctorsblog.com websites:
- Cookies: Askbestdoctors.com User Experience
- eZESSSID: Used for content management of the site.
- userDeng: Pop up promotion
- EZREGION: Part of PHP’s eZPublish class. Provides support for regions or states to eZ publish’s eZ address and eZ user modules.
- 22788eng: Stores language preference (English or Spanish) selected upon first visit to the site.
- is_logged_in: Stores the session ID of a user, and detects initial bandwidth capability for progressive download deliveries.
- Cookies: Google Analytics
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site, which we use to help improve it. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Google Analytics collects information anonymously, and much like examining footprints in sand, it reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. Analytics uses its own set of cookies to track visitor interactions. These cookies are used to store information, such as what time the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before, and what site referred the visitor to the web page. Google Analytics customers can view a variety of reports about how visitors interact with their website so they can improve their website and how people find it. A different set of cookies is used for each website, and visitors are not tracked across multiple sites.
If you want to block Google Analytics, go to the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Cookies: WordPress
- wpml_browser_redirect_test: They are used to redirect users to browser default language.
- _icl_visitor_lang_js: Contains browser default language.
- _icl_current_language: Contains selected language
- Cookie: Sharethis.com
Please note that you can opt out the “ShareThis” tracking altogether by clicking “Opt Out” button on this page –
- Cookies: .scorecardresearch.com
ScorecardResearch – The UID and UIDR cookies are associated with comScore; these are used to get 3rd party measurement of ShareIt audience size. To opt-out go to: http://www.scorecardresearch.com/optout.aspx?returnurl=vfoptout&source=sroptout
- Cookies: www.bestdoctorsblog.com
The PHPSESSID cookie is native to PHP and enables websites to store serialised state data. On the Action website it is used to establish a user session and to pass state data via a temporary cookie, which is commonly referred to as a session cookie. As the PHPSESSID cookie has no timed expiry, it disappears when the client is closed.
- Cookies: De EZ Publish (Web platform):
These cookies are necessary for the adequate functioning of this website and platform. These cookies facilitate your login and maintain your web session open. These cookies are temporary and are deleted when you close your web session.
- Cookies: .google.com
A unique identifier used by Google applications to store user preference information on www.bestdoctorsblog.com
If you continue to use our website and/ or use our Services and do not reject the cookies, we understand you consent to the use of the cookies by us and by the third parties that offer their services through our website.
You can manage cookies through your web browser. On the following link you can find information about which cookies have been installed, allow installing them or blocking as well as removing from your device: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/stop-cookies-installed.html or www.aboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you may want to visit
Sites of Best Doctors providers
- Cookies: __utma
- Cookies: __utmb
- Cookies: __utmc
- Not used in ga.js. Set for interoperability with urchin.js. Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit.
- Cookies: __utmz
- stores the smartengage bookmark articles
- Cookies: ADAMCustomerUserID
- Stores ADAM Customer User ID
- Stores ADAM User ID
- Cookies: ASP.NET_SessionId
- ASP.NET session ID is used to maintain the current browser session
These are set by google maps API.
Various unique identifiers, except for PREF which stores your options such as preferred zoom level.
Best Doctors warrants that has valid rights to display the contents of these services, but does not warrant that the content will be error-free or will meet the User specific needs.
Best Doctors shall not be held responsible for any website content of any external link or website.
Our pages on third party websites and their cookies
If you go (via our websites) to our pages on (external) third party social media websites, like facebook, twitter, youtube, or linkedin, other cookies are used by those websites and your data is controlled by those websites, not Best Doctors. Therefore Best Doctors cannot be held liable for the cookies of such websites.
Please read carefully the privacy policies of those social media websites before accessing those pages:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/cookies
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/privacy
- Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie_policy
- Google+ & Youtube: http://www.google.com/intl/en-GB/policies/technologies/cookies
- Pinterest: http://about.pinterest.com/privacy
Your consent to the use of your personal data
Updated July 2014